Let’s face it, having a dog is a huge responsibility; this is because they are dependent on you for everything. You will have to take good care of your dog to make sure it is healthy, happy, and active.
One of the ways to keep your fluffball happy is by giving them treats. Halloween is just around the corner and instead of giving your dog a market treat, give them something healthier. In this post, we have mentioned 3 DIY dog treats. Give it a try!
Sweet Potato Dog Chews
This treat is easy to make as it uses only one ingredient. Though it will take 8 hours to prepare this treat, it will be totally worth it. For making this treat, you will need 3 sweet potatoes.
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Then, place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Take the sweet potatoes and cut off the ends. This will make it easy to slice.
- Slice the sweet potatoes, 1/3-inch lengthwise
- After that, place it on the baking sheet and bake it for 6 hours. Keep in mind to change sides when baking.
- Turn off the oven after 6 hours. Let the chews stay in the oven as it cools down.
- You can store the chews in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Biscuits
Another treat that you can try for your fluffy friend is peanut butter Banana biscuits. It will only take 30 minutes to make this treat.
1/2 mashed banana
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- You must preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Then, add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well using a spatula.
- Roll the mixture on a flat surface, nearly 1/4” thick. Cut the mixture using a cutter of any shape you like.
- Place the shapes on the baking sheet and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Store in a tight container when it cools down.
Apple Oats Dog Treats
This Halloween, surprise your dog with this homemade treat.
1/2 cup grated apples
1/2 apple juice
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
- Take a bowl and all the ingredients and mix it well to make a thick mixture.
- Place the mixture on to the baking sheet in small quantities using a spoon.
- Use a fork to press it down
- Place it in the oven and bake it for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Take the tray out and let it cool.
Try this easy to make dog treat at home. You can even watch how to make this dog treat.
Even if your treats are full of goodness, you should be careful with treats amount. Always follow a healthy diet and give treats moderately. Do you know how many dogs treats should you feed your dog? Check out Apple Oats recipe here!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive other interesting blog posts delivered directly to your inbox!
Please note: all dogs should be treated as individuals. The Actijoy blog is for educational and entertainment purposes only. In the case of emergency, always seek qualified health care from a local veterinarian or emergency facility. Actijoy blogs are not designed to treat, diagnose, or prescribe medication for your pet.